2017 Margaret Wheatley New Member Scholarship
Are you a Registered Nurse looking to make a difference in nursing in the Greater Cleveland area? Do you have ideas that will have a positive impact on nurses and/or the healthcare community?
If so, the Greater Cleveland Nurses Association is looking for you! For a third year, GCNA is offering the “Margaret Wheatley New Member Scholarship” which will pay your full ANA/ONA/GCNA dues for one year. We are seeking innovative, energized RNs in Cuyahoga and Geauga counties to enhance our membership by developing new ideas that will support our mission: to work for the improvement of health care for all people in significant and visible ways, to foster high professional standards and to promote the professional development of nurses.
We encourage you to apply for our membership scholarship! Click here to download the application.
Applications are due November 1, 2016, and can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2017 Rosemarie Hogan Annual Senior Scholarship
The Greater Cleveland Nurses Association (GCNA) is pleased to announce the 2017 Rosemarie Hogan Annual Senior Scholarship! GCNA will award one $1000 scholarship to a nursing student in a basic RN program entering their final year of school. Any junior who will be a senior in good standing in the fall of 2017 is eligible to apply.
CRITERIA FOR APPLICATION AND AWARD
Be a resident of Cuyahoga or Geauga County.
Be enrolled full-time in a basic RN program in Cuyahoga or Geauga County.
- Have at least a 3.0 cumulative grade point average if currently enrolled in college, or if college work has been completed within the past five years. A copy of the most recent transcript must be included with the application.
- Maintain at least a 3.0 cumulative grade point average. A copy of the transcript/grades must be submitted within two weeks following each grading period.
- Provide proof of membership in the school’s Student Nurse Association.
- Complete a 1000 word essay answering the questions below. Students should write a professional paper using correct grammar, spelling and punctuation. Margins should be 1 inch, papers should be double spaced, and the font should be no smaller than 12.
- What is your personal philosophy of nursing?
- How will you use your education for the advancement of nursing?
Click here to download the application.
Applications should be submitted no later than Friday, February 1, 2017 to the Greater Cleveland Nurses Association, 512 Bayberry Dr., Elyria, Ohio 44035.